10 tips for Las Vegas flash floods
Flood Las Vegas
Flooding is the process by which normally dry land becomes inundated with water from rivers, lakes, oceans and streams. Flooding occurs near rivers, coastal areas with overly saturated soil.
Flooding can create a range of issues including damage to personal property, buildings, bridges, and roads. One should expect service disruptions, managing injuries and potential death.
Due to the spontaneous nature of flooding, your best protection is preparation.
Here are some flood tips to consider:
1. Be aware floods can happen any time. While flash flood season runs from July 1 through September in Southern Nevada, floods can occur without warning.
2. Get out of the pool. Before the flood, thunderstorms can bring lightning, high winds, hail and heavy rains. Get out of swimming pools, Lake Mead or any other body of water, because lightning can travel more than 10 miles in clear air and water attracts the electrical current.
3. Get off the golf course. If a thunderstorm occurs, get off golf courses and stay away from trees or power poles to avoid being struck by lightning. If you are caught in the open, crouch on your feet as low to the ground as possible, making you a smaller target for lightning strikes.
4. Know the terminology. A flash flood watch means that a flood is possible in your area. A flash flood warning means that a flood is already occurring or will occur within moments. The National Weather Service declares both watches and warnings.
5. If driving, stay in the car. If you are driving through a major storm, consider pulling over to higher ground than the street and waiting out the storm in your car or vehicle. Intense storms in Southern Nevada are usually over in a couple hours.
6. Never drive through a flooded street or road or around barricades. Roads underneath may be damaged and impassable. Use extra caution at night.
7. Don't walk through rushing water. If you car stalls in floodwaters, it might be safer to stay with the vehicle. Floodwaters can move at 30 mph and if they are only inches deep can sweep you off your feet and result in drowning. Also, debris swept along with the floodwaters can knock you down.
8. Don't try to drive through a flooded street. Most flood-related deaths are caused by people attempting to drive through moving water. Floodwaters can sweep away cars for miles. Larger trucks and SUVs may be more likely to float because large, air-filled tires increase the tendency of the vehicles to float or tip over in the swift water flows.
9. Don't let children or pets play in or near floodwaters. Floodwaters, in addition to moving up to 30 mph, are filled with hazardous materials such as chemicals, oil and bacteria. Stay out of flood channels and detention basins, which can rise as quickly as one foot per minute.
10. Stay out of standing water. The dirty water can disguise hazards below the surface, such as deep holes, dangerous debris and be filled with bacteria.
During a flood watch or warning, more information is available at the Regional Flood Control District's Web site: www.regionalflood.org.
Remember your safety and the safety of those around you depends on you knowing where to go and how to reach higher ground on foot.
SERVPRO of East Las Vegas and Northeast Las Vegas specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after flooding. Call us today! 702-785-0100
In the aftermath of disaster, some of your most valued contents—documents, photographs, and books—could be lost forever. As a leader in the restoration industry, SERVPRO of East Las Vegas knows that timely mitigation is the key to recovering damaged possessions. With years of experience and state-of-the-art technology, SERVPRO’s restoration professionals will help you recover your paper goods before it is too late.
Our Document Restoration Facility:
- Innovative: we use the latest vacuum freeze-drying method, as well as gamma irradiation technology for sterilizing
- Secure: managed by HIPPA Master-certified technicians, under 24/7 surveillance
- Digital: we use a computerized inventory system for digitizing your documents
- Flexible capacity - we can accommodate large commercial losses or small residential jobs
- Full Service: we offer a range of services including drying, cleaning/disinfecting, re-jacketing, digitizing, and deodorization
Need your valuable documents restored? Call Today - 702-785-0100
Then SERVPRO document restoration Las Vegas team uses innovate vacuum freeze-drying techniques; in fact, we use the same freeze-drying methods used by the Library of Congress to dry valuable historic documents and books. Our vacuum freeze-drying process is the only method approved by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) and the General Services Administration (GSA).
Types of content:
- paper documents
- books and magazines
- manuscripts and files
- photographs, films, negatives, and microfiche
- blueprints and maps
Document Cleaning and Disinfecting
In many water damage situations, like sewage or flood water, documents will be exposed to bacteria, viruses, pesticides, or other harmful chemicals. Our team uses a gamma irradiation process to safely and effectively sterilize your documents.
In the digital age, converting your paper files and photos to digital formats can have an invaluable impact on your business or home. With the help of SERVPRO’s restoration professionals to digitize your documents, you can save storage space and have access to your records at the touch of a button. And perhaps most important of all, you’ll have digital copies of your valuable documents that can’t be lost in a flood or fire.
Why Choose SERVPRO of East Las Vegas?
SERVPRO will get the job done right. For document restoration backed by state-of-the-art equipment, over 40 years of experience and Professionals trained to the highest standards, call us today. Our Professional staff is here to help and ready to serve you.
Call Today - 702-785-0100
5 Simple Tips To Remove Toxic Mold Safely
Mold Damage Las Vegas Property
Understanding the basic concepts of mold remediation and mold removal is not difficult and is essential if you want to hire the right professional at the best price and highest quality. While learning and understanding the basic concepts of mold remediation and mold removal is easy, doing the actual work in the proper way as described below can however be a challenge
Here is Mold Remediation and Mold Removal explained in plain English.
If you already see mold, you usually do NOT need to spend money on pretesting as we discuss here: Mold Inspections and Mold Testing. Plain and simple: You need to remove it.
These are the five basic principles of all successful mold removal and mold remediation projects:
- Safety – Protect all workers and occupants.
- Assessment – Make a preliminary assessment, an assessment during mold remediation and an assessment after mold remediation.
- Contamination Control – Prevent cross-contamination and the spread of mold from contaminated areas to areas absent of or with less contamination.
- Source Removal – Physically remove the mold at its source.
- Moisture Removal – Eliminate the moisture problem that caused the mold outbreak.
No need to take a wrecking ball to the entire house at the sight of a little mold. Focus your mold removal and mold remediation efforts on the area where the water and mold growth is occurring by removing the mold at its source (e.g. on the drywall) and eliminating the water source.
Any mold professional should be able to explain Mold Remediation in plain English. If a contractor is unable to explain the basic processes and steps of mold remediation and mold removal in layman’s terms, be very wary! If someone tries to complicate and confuse you about the process and scare you into hiring them, walk away and say, “Thanks, but no thanks.” There are good honest mold removal and mold remediation companies out there as long as you are careful, educate yourself about mold remediation, and get multiple estimates.
Proper safety gear should be worn when dealing with mold. A high quality, high filtration face mask is a must, as are vinyl or neoprene gloves. A full protective suit is recommended when using harsh chemicals and for larger mold remediation projects.
Mold professionals seal off the work area, usually using plastic sheeting, so that mold spores do not become dispersed throughout the home.
The spread of mold contamination should be controlled as close as possible to its source.
Mold professionals use “negative air” containment, which is created by positioning blower fans and using air pressure machines to bring clean air into the contaminated space and push contaminated air outside the home.
Mold professionals usually discard moldy porous building materials such as drywall, insulation and baseboards. These materials are relatively inexpensive to replace and difficult to impossible to restore to their previous uncontaminated condition.
Most mold professionals use some sort of antimicrobial chemical to actually clean the mold and mold stains.
Mold professionals often use a sealer or encapsulant to make the treated areas more resistant to water damage and mold, and also to help with odor control.
Sometimes it is necessary to have your HVAC air ducts professionally cleaned since air ducts can collect dust and mold spores. For more information about duct cleaning, please refer to the EPA Publication ”Should You Have The Air Ducts In Your Home Cleaned?”
If you suspect that you toxic mold that is making your building sick, call the professionals at SERVPRO of East Las Vegas (702) 785-0100. Estimates are free and you can always count on our professional mold removal services in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV
Why Mold Damage in Las Vegas area Homes May Be Hazardous
SERVPRO East Las Vegas Can Safely Remove Mold Damage In Your Home
At SERVPRO, we are committed not just to eradicating mold damage, but also to educating homeowners about why it happens. We believe that knowledge is key to preventing new problems from developing in the future, so getting to grips with the basics is important.
You should know that just not in mold damage in Las Vegas homes can be harmful, but also what the physical symptoms are. That way, you can identify sources of trouble quickly and seek the right kind of assistance. We want to stress that, while mold damage can compromise physical health, a calm and measured response is always best.
This guide to some of the potential effects of persistent mold will explain why it needs to be tackled safely, by professional remediation experts.
Why a Speedy Response Is Important
As soon as you suspect that you have mold damage in your home, you need to call the removal experts at SERVPRO. You may not develop any visible symptoms, as a result of contact with an affected area, but it is still important that you steer well clear of it. Mold, particularly in very damp conditions, may cause health effects.
If there are very young or elderly occupants in the house, you are advised to leave after you have arranged for SERVPRO to carry out an inspection. Infants, the elderly, and those with existing medical conditions are at a significantly greater risk of the potentially negative effects of an infestation. At the very least, you need to stay away from the affected room or area to help prevent the spores from spreading. Few mold species are a threat to our health, but be safe and avoid exposure when possible.
Some Common Physical Symptoms
Ordinarily, the physical reactions to mold are either nothing or quite mild but still unpleasant. Once again, this is why remediation should be carried out quickly. Symptoms may develop, but are they from the mold or an allergen in the air? SERVPRO technicians have training in best practices of the IICRC to deal with mold issues, primarily to the structure and contents of a home.
SERVPRO of East Las Vegas is a local company the provides water damage restoration and mold removal. We can arrange a same day inspection according to your schedule. Call us 24/7 at (702) 785-0100.
Thermal Camera for Inspections
Thermal House Las Vegas
Infrared technology is certainly not new to the inspection industry. However, combined with newer technologies, infrared cameras provide substantial new value. Mounted on a drone, an infrared camera can be used to quickly evaluate areas of air infiltration and exfiltration, and provide a report that enables property owners to identify problems and better seal their building envelope. This can be done even on buildings that were previously very difficult to access.
Likewise, the same two technologies can be used to identify moisture intrusion inside walls, which aids in identifying problems in the building envelope, including the roof, as well as in the aftermath of a storm or other water loss event. A thorough and rapid inspection can prevent the need for costly mold remediation. By mounting the infrared camera on a drone, difficult-to-access areas can be quickly inspected so that only areas affected by moisture require access by a person.
Inspection imaging combined with all technologies can offer faster, cheaper, better property assessments of all types. Contact us today to schedule your next inspection.
Las Vegas Residents We provide Expert Water Damage Removal
Water Damage in Kitchen
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of East Las Vegas is close by and ready to respond to your flood or water damage emergency. We are proud to be an active member of the East Las Vegas community and want to do our part to make our community the best it can be.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
When Customer Satisfaction goes right
We strive for 10 out of 10 in customer satisfaction, but when the customer gives us 11, it means guys at SERVPRP of East Las Vegas did something right . Thanks to our crew who does such an amazing job with #WaterDamageRestoration #FireDamageRestoration and #MoldRemediation! We are so proud of you!
SERVPRO® of East Las vegas recognizes 9 years in community
Las Vegas Water Fire Mold Damage restoration Services Team
Las Vegas, NV (Grassroots Newswire) 05.22.2014 -- SERVPRO® of East Las Vegas, a premier cleanup and restoration company, is recognizing its 9 year anniversary in the local business community.
"It’s exciting to be a part of the local community and celebrate this milestone with them. We take pride in being able to offer customers professional cleanup and restoration services,” said James Wilson, owner of SERVPRO® of East Las Vegas in Las Vegas, NV. “We look forward to continuing our service in the Las Vegas area.”
Wilson has been in business since May 2005.
"SERVPRO® is dedicated to the growth and development of the people and our Franchise locations. This milestone is a tribute to the hard work and effort of everyone at SERVPRO® of East Las Vegas. We are proud of them for reaching this accomplishment," said Rick Isaacson, executive vice president of Servpro Industries, Inc.
SERVPRO® clients include insurance companies seeking superior and timely restoration services, as well as commercial and residential property owners who require routine cleaning services. With more than 40 years of experience, the SERVPRO® System’s time-tested techniques and proprietary cleaning products have earned SERVPRO® Franchises a spot as a national leader in the restoration and cleaning industry.
SERVPRO® of East Las Vegas provides cleanup and restoration services following a fire, water or even mold-related damage. Additional services offered include: cleaning and restoration of specialty services, such as HVAC duct systems; building exteriors; electronic equipment, including computers, and documents that have sustained water damage.
For more information on SERVPRO® of East Las Vegas, please contact our team at (702)785-0100.
Founded in 1967, the SERVPRO® Franchise System is a national leader and provider of fire and water cleanup and restoration services and mold mitigation and remediation. SERVPRO's professional services network of more than 1,600 individually owned and operated Franchises responds to property damage emergencies ranging from small individual disasters to multi-million dollar large-loss situations. Providing coverage in the United States and Canada, the SERVPRO® System has established relationships with major insurance companies and commercial clients, as well as individual homeowners.